Kingdoms of Amalur

The Cesspool Forum Index

View posts since last visit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traece
Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm   Post subject: Kingdoms of Amalur
Traece

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm   Post subject: Kingdoms of Amalur
I received Kingdoms of Amalur as a birthday gift this year, and it is turning out to be a great one!

Feels like a bit of a cross between Fable and Skyrim - but without the "alignment" of Fable or the all grey colour pallet of Skyrim (And not quite as big a sandbox as Skyrim).

It seems that you need to progress the main quest to get to all locations, but so far I have spent hours doing side quests and faction quests, all in and around the start zone.

Combat is simple and fun, it is quick and easy to switch out weapons and armour if you find the enemies you are fighting need different tactics.

Has some funny characters, probably not up to Baldurs Gate standards, but it is pretty entertaining.

I think the most stand out feature is how good it looks - combat looks cool, the landscape is pretty and varied, spell effects have an impact - it is just flat out beautiful.

I'd recommend it if you are looking for something that is light and fun to eat up a few hours you weren't using :D
FairyJoe
Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm   Post subject:
FairyJoe
I won teh prize

I won teh prize

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm   Post subject:
Yeah, it had some great talent behind the story and the world creation. It's a pity the company went belly-up due to poor management and unrealistic expectations, as they were planning lots of DLC for it and even had started work on an MMO based on the same engine and world.

I played it a bit but then got stuck into Skyrim. I'm looking forward to going back to it though.

Page 1 of 1
All times using Australia/Hobart timezone

Jump to: